If you’re in the construction or industrial industry, you may have come across the term ‘vacuum truck’. But what is a vacuum truck and when should you hire one? This article will cover everything you need to know about vacuum trucks and their common applications.
How Do Vacuum Trucks Work?
Vacuum trucks are large vehicles equipped with a tank and a powerful vacuum system. The vacuum system creates a strong suction force that can suck up liquids, solids and sludges from various surfaces. The collected materials are then stored in the truck’s tank; our trucks have tanks that can hold up to 26,000 litres.
The vacuum system is powered by a pump, which can be driven by the truck’s engine or by a separate power source. The pump creates a low-pressure zone inside the tank, which draws in the materials through a hose attached to the truck’s intake port. Once the materials are inside the tank, the pump creates pressure to discharge the materials at the desired location.
How Do You Use Vacuum Trucks?
Vacuum trucks can be used for a wide range of applications, including:
- Industrial Cleaning: Vacuum trucks are commonly used for cleaning industrial equipment, tanks and pipelines. They can remove sludges, liquids and solids from hard-to-reach areas, which are difficult to clean by other means.
- Sewer and Drain Cleaning: Vacuum trucks can be used to clear clogs in sewer lines and storm drains. The powerful suction can remove blockages caused by debris, grease and other materials.
- Waste Management: Vacuum trucks are commonly used for waste management, including the collection and transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Hydro-Excavation: Vacuum trucks can also be used for hydro-excavation, which is a non-destructive excavation technique. The high-pressure water jets in combination with the powerful suction can remove soil and other materials without damaging underground utilities.
Benefits of a Vacuum Truck
There are several benefits to hiring a vacuum truck for your business, including:
- Efficiency: Vacuum trucks can quickly and efficiently clean up materials and debris from various surfaces. This can save your business time and money compared to using manual labour or other cleaning methods.
- Safety: Vacuum trucks can remove hazardous materials, such as chemicals, asbestos and sewage, safely and effectively. This helps protect your employees and the environment from harm.
- Versatility: Vacuum trucks can be used for a wide range of applications, making them a versatile tool for your business. They can handle everything from industrial cleaning to waste management and hydro-excavation.
- Cost-effective: Hiring a vacuum truck can be more cost-effective than purchasing and maintaining one yourself. You only pay for the services you need, and the service provider takes care of maintenance and repairs.
In conclusion, vacuum trucks are powerful tools that can help your business save time, money and protect your employees and the environment. They’re versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications, making them an excellent investment for any business that deals with waste management or industrial cleaning. If you need assistance with any of the above applications, consider hiring a vacuum truck service provider like E&E Waste to help get the job done quickly and safely.