How amazing is this view, such a fantastic thing to be the waste contractor on such a major development, piece of history right here !.. Toowoomba Second Range Crossing.
The Toowoomba Second Range Crossing (TSRC) will bring $2.4 billion over 30 years of economic and productivity gain for business and industry to Toowoomba. When completed, the crossing will significantly increase the movement of freight along the national road network.
With an estimated construction period of around three years (from late 2015), the project will be delivered using a Public Private Partnership delivery model. Under this model, the State Government will provide upfront government funding contributions during the construction stage of the project and ongoing service payments over the 25 year operation and maintenance stage, which will be dependent on performance.
E&E Waste are proud to be part or this momentous project through our contract providing Nexus with Liquid Waste and Portable Toilet services.
Benefits of the TSRC
The TSRC will result in the following benefits to the region and the State:
• Supporting up to 1800 direct and indirect jobs during the design and construction phases
• Improved road and driver safet
• Reduced travel time by up to 40 minutes and greater time travel reliability
• Avoiding up to 18 sets of traffic lights
• Relieved pressure on Toowoomba’s local roads by redirecting heavy vehicles away from the CBD
• Removal of oversize and dangerous goods vehicles from the suburban streets of Toowoomba
• Increased freight efficiencies
• Enhanced liveability of the Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley areas.